February is the month of love, alas, the whole world is set to accept it. For good or bad romance goes everywhere in our everyday life – gifts, chocolates, flowers and everything in the shape of a heart is sold and advertised. Whether you like it or not, it’s just a fact. In my opinion, the charm of love is far from all these things, and, as I have always thought, it hides in the small things and gestures. This time in the “Sweet Sunday” series I decided to share with you a recipe for an easy breakfast, which we can safely call a romantic one, because of its heart shapes.
And let the love (to the delicious food) be blazing now!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 or 2 bread (it’s good to be a soft white fluffy bread, I would recommend the one for toast)
- 20-30g butter
- 1 banana
- ½ chocolate of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
Method of preparation
- Make hearts with forms for cutting sweets (hearts of course 🙂 ) of the slices of bread. Take care to use only from the soft part of the bread. Group them two by two and take them aside. Keep in mind the amount of slices of bread – for two servings I use 1 loaf, but if you want to make more, I recommend 2 loaves. Do not worry about the other ingredients – everything is in the same proportions.
- The hearts will also have a filling – chop the chocolate into boxes and cut the banana into thin slices. The combination of banana and chocolate is classic, but you can choose other filling for your taste (e.g. strawberries).
- Put between each pair of hearts a little banana and chocolate. Be careful not to overfill them. Seal the edges of each pair of hearts by pressing the bread. If the hearts are too full, the edges may stick away, so do not overdo it with the filling.
- All you have to do now is stir the mixture of eggs and milk. Add a little cinnamon, a spoonful of sugar and vanilla to it.
- Dip each filled heart into the mixture and put it in a preheated pan in which you melt the butter. Carefully turn the hearts once they have a golden color on one side.
Once you remove them from the pan and arrange in a plate, you can sprinkle with powdered sugar. They are delicious both hot and cold. A wonderful and easy option to make yourself or your loved one smile with a tasty and romantic Sunday breakfast.
Sweet Sunday! For more sweet temptations, you can simply click on something delicious HERE.